Friday 10 May 2013

South Africa Awaits



 by Patsy Burn

Today I venture to more exotic climes! Myself, Matt Hahn and our Applied Theatre 3rd year students are off to South Africa, Durban to be precise, for 9 days of community workshops and drama in schools.

Throughout the time I'll be trying whenever possible to blog about our experiences. I really hope people enjoy it, and I'll attempt to let everyone know about all we get up to whilst we're there!

I'm really looking forward to the music out there - completely expecting a choir on every street corner (like bagpipes in Edinburgh). Lu, who is organising our trip is a musician so can't wait to hear some of her music and see what she's making. I'm going to take some of my music too and hopefully have a big cultural sharing!

I'm also really fascinated to find out what the students make of it all. This is the 3rd year of this project but only my first time travelling with them. The students have always come back with such exciting and interesting stories about their venture and I'm looking forward to seeing them first hand. This is the culmination of their studies and I'm really pleased to be part of it.

Hopefully I'll keep this relatively regularly and give you an insight into what we're up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment